Sharada Calendar is the flagship product of Sharada Press, Mangalore and has been a favorite for over a century now. Founded in 1900, Sharada Press, a household name in the Konkan belt from the south of Kerala, Mangalore, Udupi, Karwar, Mumbai, Pune, and up north due to its product, the Sharada Calendar.
A simple yet effective rectangular strip of dates that hangs in almost many Mangalorean homes, across the world. Sharada Press, through its popular product line, has emerged as a true ambassador of Mangalore’s rich culture and heritage. A journey that started within a small space in Mangalore has now grown into a popular name.
Features of the calendar
- Simple design and presentation.
- Complete and accurate list of auspicious dates.
- Has majority information that can be used in absence of the Panchanga.
- Quick reference for local Mangalorean religious festivals and events.
- Provides information on the sunrise and sunset timings.
- Provides information on the Rahu Kala, Gulika Kala and Yamaganda Kala.
- Inexpensive and a wealth of information.